A new version of Rocklogger has been published to the Play Store. This update fixes a few problems when logging with the screen facing down, and also fixes the dip symbol display on tablets.
Additionally, the sale has been extended to April 27!
Full update details:
- Changed the behaviour when logging with the screen down in axial mode. Dip direction is now always the down direction. This also affects the cardinal shown in dip & strike axial modes. Note that the symbol always correctly indicated the direction that was being recorded.
- Fixed a bug when logging with the screen down in dip & strike normal mode. Previously, when the screen was down the strike did not flip to match what was indicated by the red arrow.
- Additionally, the dip direction cardinal letter would indicate the direction 90° anti-clockwise from the strike (when viewed from above). This was 180° opposite to the direction the phone was actually dipping (as indicated by the symbol).
- Now, the strike flips correctly to match the red arrow, and the dip direction cardinal letter always indicates the direction 90° clockwise from the strike (when viewed from above).
- Fixed the same problem when logging with the screen down in dip & dip direction mode. Previously, when the screen was down the dip direction did not flip to match what was indicated by the vertical line in the red symbol (ie, down), and was instead 180° opposite. Now, the dip direction flips correctly and matches the symbol.
- Added the word “Overturned” to the description of overturned records.
- Added the option to display coordinates in UTM. Records are still saved in lat/lon, as that is the format given by the GPS.
- Further fixes for the dip symbol display on tablets
- Increased the length of time the save toast is displayed when logging